I’m not a morning person. As much as I would love to sleep the day away, 6:00 AM classes don’t allow for such a routine. To ensure that I am up and full of energy, below are some of the ways that I set myself up for a successful day ahead.
The Alarm Game
- I set 3 alarms so I don’t oversleep. The first alarm is the intentional snooze alarm! The second one is set to a song that makes me want to open my eyes. “Lovely Day” by Bill Withers puts me in a good mood in the morning. The third alarm is the one that gets me out of bed and moving. “Wanna Be Startin Somethin” by Michael Jackson is my go-to for this!
- The first thing I do when I get up is head to my freezer and grab a mask to wake up my eyes! At the same time, I prepare a hot tea: lavender & honey is my favorite!
- While the water is boiling and my eye mask is on, I roll out my upper back, lats and also my calves with a foam roller to prep my muscles for class. It’s also the perfect opportunity to visualize the rest of the day ahead.
- Finally, I get geared up to go. I lay out my clothes the night before which cuts down on time and has me ready to walk out the door and to the studio with little delay.
It’s All About the Beats
- Music fuels me! I listen to my favorite playlist on my way to the studio and while I get ready for my ride. At the same time, I fuel up on a banana which is the most portable source of energy!
Ready to roll? Find your next class with Jennifer here.
Stay in the know. Connect with Jennifer over on her Official Peloton Facebook page here.