Strong summer workouts call for perfectly paired recipes to serve as flavorful post-workout fuel. We’ve teamed up again with home rider and food author of Inspiralized, Ali Maffucci, to get a peek at some of her tastiest meals for this season. Read below as she tells us how to prepare her Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Grilled Corn and Spicy Shrimp.
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Grilled Corn and Spicy Shrimp
Time to prepare: 15 minutes / Time to cook: 20 minutes / Serves: 2
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kernels from 1 medium ear of corn
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 8 medium to large shrimp, deveined, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
For the avocado dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Water, if needed to thin
How to Prepare
- Start by spiralizing, dicing, mincing and prepping all ingredients.
- Next, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor (or high speed blender) and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust to your preferences, if needed!
- Place the zucchini noodles into a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the corn kernels and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until corn is bright yellow and fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- While corn cooks, place the shrimp in a medium bowl and top with olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Once the corn is done and set aside, add in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, flip, and cook another 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and c-shaped.
- Once fully cooked, plate the zucchini noodles before placing the shrimp on top. Complete by adding in the cooked corn kernels right on top!
Ready to dish out this recipe in style? Shop Ali’s top featured in this piece here.
Make sure to find more recipes like this one in Ali’s next cookbook, Inspiralize Everything, available this August!